Thursday 22 May 2014

Prince Jeffrey Webcomic - 3D modelling development opportunities

Because of the complicated architectural nature of the Prince Jeffrey in-story world, with each kingdom and castle taking inspiration from a different set of cultures and architectural periods, it will be difficult to draw each environment from scratch with only a single reference.

I feel that by constructing asset reference, I will be able to help frame the scene a lot more effectively, as well as drastically improve both mine and Jeff's understanding of architecture in relation to perspective. I will also be able to dramatically improve my 3-dimensional modelling skills, and be able to produce a wide variety of buildings quickly and efficiently. Fortunately I will not need to use texturing as this is simply an aid to the lineart, however on pieces I am particularly proud of, I may wish to practice texturing techniques.

This development opportunity will also give the chance to try my hand at the 3-D sculpting program mudbox. Allowing me to further develop the shapes of buildings in order to create more interesting architecture dependent of the culture the architectural design is meant to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment