Tuesday 14 May 2013

Style Reference - Borderlands

For my current project, I am creating a fantasy style hub area/safe zone for a role-playing style video game. But the issue is, what style would the game have? To tackle this, I have decided on using a cartoon style, both because it is rarely used in a fantasy setting and because I do not feel I yet have the skill to produce highly detailed models.

For reference however I will need to look at cartoon style games. This time round, I shall look at the sci-fi RPG Borderlands.

 Whilst Borderlands is a science fiction game, with a very different setting to my own idea, it is still a very big influence on my game environment. I would like to emulate the cel-shaded style of the borderlands aesthetic.

Similar to the environment I wish to create, the city of Sanctuary in Borderlands 2 is located in a mountainous area and built around a central point.

No comments:

Post a Comment