Tuesday 31 January 2012

Story Board Artist: Jamie Hewlett

I have been a fan of the band Gorillaz ever since I saw the video to Clint Eastwood in the year 2000, as a child, I was fascinated by the unique and cartoony artwork of Jamie Hewlett, the original artist of Tank Girl, which I would come to read much later in life.

However when I started seriously started following the band, I became interested in the processes behind creating the videos and came to understand how important  the storyboard is to the finished production.
The following video is the storyboard animatic to the music video for Dirty Harry



As you can see it is fairly close to the finished video.



The storyboards are an essential aspect of the film making process,  helping the film makers to visualise how they want the film to look, although changes may be made during the actual shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment