Tuesday 31 January 2012

Group Film Project: Sulking Winds

For the second film in our group film project, we decided to work from the poem Sulking Winds.

This time we worked from a storyboard written by myself, following the general theme of the poem, it is about a traveller who meets a ghost, who then turns out to have hostile intentions. To present a feeling of isolation and wilderness, I decided to film up on the Ilkley Moors, to which the rest of the group agreed.

In order to prepare for this shoot we required a gun prop, which I borrowed from my friend due to him having one spare. I also wrote a rough script which Joel helped me touch up on. It was also my job to make sure we all knew when we were filming and where we were filming. I also booked out the equipment we needed, and made sure we had it to hand on the days of filming.

It took us two attempts to shoot all of the intended footage due to the 1st day we shot, it started snowing which hindered our filming. But this helped with our story, the weather helped to create a passage of time effect. I also starred as the traveller in the film, and really enjoyed the fight scene in which I'd be pushed down the hill.

The weather also helped to influence my acting, allowing me to behave realistically to the idea that the traveller was exhausted and on the verge of collapse.

The roles amongst the group for this film were:

Tim Holland (Me): Storyboard Artist, script writer, Producer, Director, Actor

Joel McCusker: Script writer, Joint Director, Actor, Joint Camera man, Join Editor

Yoni Cohen: Camera Man, Joint Editor

Wisdom Makubile: Boom Operator, Joint Editor, Sound Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment