Thursday 16 January 2014

Establishing lighting

In order to light the game space, I needed to experiment with different kinds of lighting in order to develop the correct effect.


I originally experimented with point lights within the space, however I found that I required an excessive amount to create the desired effect, and the lighting was difficult to control.



Because the point lights were largely ineffective, I instead switched to spot lights. Using fewer lights I can create a greater atmospheric effect, making the space feel much more intimate and packed together.


Spotlights also allow for the use of Light Cookies that simulate gobos used in stage lighting. By using cookies you can create an effect of dirty lights or grilles over the bulb, further establishing visual narrative conventions.


No comments:

Post a Comment