Monday 24 October 2011

How personal injury inspires

Okay, I know, weird blog post title, but the thing is, as some of my readers will know, last thursday I went to A&E from a head injury, nothing major, yet still enough damage to warrant a trip to the hospital anyway.

Now my experience at the hospital, I place I rarely visit due to rarely suffering injury, inspired developments to my character design, the first of which being a scar or dressing beneath the right eyebrow to mirror my own injury, of course, Jenny's injury would be far more impressive than my own injury of smacking my head on a desk, due to her being a warrior instead of an art student. This has also influenced the environment she will be staying in. My original intentions were to feature her in a martial arts style dojo, but now I think I will use a futuristic medical room crossed with a Zen temple, due to my intentions of having her being saved by the followers of the New Zen religion. I am also going to give Jenny drastically shorter hair, to represent her "rebirth" by the hands of New Zen after the death of her tribe and family.


This picture is my latest drawing of Jenny, as you can see, I've given her shorter hair and and a dressing above her right eye. This was also an attempt to draw an Asian face, as Jenny is Taiwanese. I don't think I was very successful, but I'll let you decide for yourself.



Here is the floor plan for the New Zen medical room,  on the left hand drawing is the surgery, and on the right hand drawing is the temple section and entrance to the Zen garden, both sections are part of the same room.

No comments:

Post a Comment