Thursday 27 October 2011

Concept Artist: Matt Codd

Hey guys! Recently, while browsing http://fuckyeahconceptart.tumblr.com/ I cam across the concept artist Matt Codd. I was instantly taken away by his style, and the amount of intricate details he put into his futuristic works that in some cases have an almost familiar and contemporary feel.

Unfortunately due to the copyright protections on his website I was only able to obtain these two images:



These were the first images of his works that I cam across, and show an interior and an exterior location. Both are fantastic images, packed with details that tell a story even though there is very little action going on inside. The top image suggests an experiment in a high tech lab involving the person stood on the pillar in the centre, while the bottom image shows the slum area of a large and advanced but old city, with a person walking down the road being the only person in the image.

It is works such as these which will provide great inspiration and ideas for my own environment designs.

The rest of Matt Codd's works me be found at: http://www.mattcodd.com/Matt_Codd/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment