Thursday 10 May 2012

Development of assets

For the development of my environment I needed to create object to populate my environment with. Because of the steelworks theme, I had to consider what a steelworks on a backwater planet would have on it. I figured that the objects would be built sturdy, yet suffer from wear as a consequence to  constant use. The workers would also live on site in prefabricated dwellings built from cheap materials. Domestic items such as handheld radios would be large and clunky, and built to survive damage.

To reflect this I chose textures that suited this worn and lived in environment, nothing being clean or looking new. Not all of the following textures were used in the final environment, but all were chosen for their rough appearance to be used on a variety of objects.























1 comment:

  1. I would suggest looking at some Soviet-era stuff, especially things like Pripyat and Chernobyl. The plant's control room has a lot of the rugged blinkenlights theme.

    ReplyDelete